Holy Family is proud to announce it has been awarded Healthy School Status. This is not simply about healthy eating but ensuring that our students are given a holistic approach to their health and well-being.
The aims of the National Healthy Schools programme are:
• To support children and young people in developing healthy behaviours
• To help raise pupil achievement
• To help reduce health inequalities
• To help promote social inclusion.
“A healthy School promotes the health and well being of its pupil and staff through a well planned curriculum in a physical and emotional environment that promotes learning and healthy lifestyle choices.”
Ofsted expect schools to demonstrate how they are contributing to the 5 national outcomes for children as stipulated in Every Child Matters and the Children Act 2004. Gaining Healthy Status provides evidence of the following points in the Core Themes.
* PSHE including SRE and drug education.
* Healthy eating
* Physical activity Emotional health and well- being.
The group which led Holy Family through this process was chaired by Mrs. Violet and we are now working on a Whole School Food Policy.