- Attendance and Punctuality
- Cashless Catering and Payments
- Data Dashboard
- Diocesan Report
- Family Matters
- Friends of Holy Family
- Exam Results
- Holy Family Magazine
- Ofsted Report
- Pupil Premium
- School Expansion Progress
- SEND Report
- Snow Plan
- Staff List
- Term Dates
Another Year of Great Results!
Holy Family Sixth Form – Fantastic A Level & Vocational results 2018
Congratulations to all students of Holy Family Sixth Form who received exam results this summer. Over 100 students received their A Level and Level 3 BTEC results.
Our results represent another fantastic year, including 12 A * grades. Our A*-B grade percentage was 52%, with a 100% pass rate at A*-E.
Head teacher Dr Andrew Stone said: ‘Huge congratulations to all Holy Family students on another fantastic year of A Level and BTEC results! Students and staff have worked exceptionally hard over the last two years and these results reflect the high level of commitment to study that we strongly encourage at Holy Family. We are extremely proud of all their efforts especially as we are a fully comprehensive sixth form, and nearly 90% of our students will be accepting places at university. We wish all students who are leaving us the best for their future careers’.
Special congratulations to the following Yr 13 A Level students:
· Karolina Gallagher who gained A*A*A*A in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Maths. She will be accepting a place at Oxford to study Biochemistry
· Drianna Blanc who gained A*A*B in Psychology, Sociology and History. She will be accepting a place to read Law at Bristol University
· Joel Thevarajah who gained AAB in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. He has accepted a place at UCL to study Biomedical Sciences.
· Shola Adesina who gained A*A*C in English Literature, Media Studies and Music. She will be taking a Gap Year to travel and work before applying for university next year.
We also had fantastic success with our L3 BTEC vocational programmes this year, with 100% percent of results being classed as either Distinction*, or Distinction level. Particular congratulations to:
· Lian Nguyen who gained a Dist*Dist* in Business, as well as a grade B in A Level Sociology. She will be studying Business Management at Queen Mary University.
· Amber Hall who gained Dist*Dist* in Health and Social Care, as well as a grade B in A Level Psychology. She has accepted a place at Kent University to study Psychology.
· Shazi Roserie who gained a Dist*Dist* in Health and Social Care, as well as a grade B in A Level Sociology. She has accepted a place at City University to study Midwifery.
· Sheenele Ruddock who gained a Dist*Dist* in Business, as well as a grade B in A Level Psychology She will be studying Business Management at Middlesex University.
Holy Family Sixth Form is a growing, oversubscribed open access sixth form with a strong Catholic Ethos, who welcome applications from those of all faiths or none. Please visit our website at www.holyfamily.waltham.sch.uk for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Family Students achieve superb GCSE and Vocational results
Congratulations to Year 11 students at Holy Family Catholic School who achieved fantastic GCSE results. Over 60% of students achieved both English and maths GCSE at grade 4 +. Additionally, this year saw the first set of GCSE results in many other subjects which are now on the reformed 9-1 grading system. Holy Family students enjoyed great success in a number of these subjects, including art and drama. Alongside this students at Holy Family achieved excellent results in the vocational subjects with all students who took performing arts, food and cookery and health and fitness achieving a level 2 qualification. Most students have achieved the grades they need to move forward to advanced level study, many of whom will be continuing their studies in our Sixth Form.
Headteacher Dr Andy Stone congratulated all the students on their results and thanked staff for their hard work in supporting them. "We are pleased to see so many students achieving the grades they need to progress to the next stage of their education and we look forward to continuing to work with them in our sixth form. Thanks to all our staff and parents for supporting the students in their studies."
Amongst the outcomes there were a significant number of high achievers
● Megan Najman - 11 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Tendai Mpofu - 9 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Noby Roys - 9 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Joyce Pereira - 9 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Ciaran Treanor - 9 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Anitha William - 8 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Megan McDonagh - 8 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Elyse Mansfield - 8 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Ruby Louis Stewart - 7 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Julia Tanska - 7 grade 7-9/A-A* grades
● Angela Amazigo - 7 grade 7-9/A-A* grades