We are very pleased that you have decided to join our outstanding Sixth Form here at Holy Family.
To prepare you for your studies we have created transition work to be completed this summer term before joining us in September.
This transition work has been put together to help you prepare for your start to Year 12.
Please follow the instructions carefully:
You will be required to complete work every two two weeks of this half term. You will start with subject based work for the first four weeks and then complete two additional projects for careers and Core RE. Look below for the timetable of work.
- 1st June to 12th June: Fortnight 1: Subject based work
- 15th June to 26th June: Fortnight 2: Subject based work
- 29th June to 10th July: Fortnight 3: Career Project
- 13th July to 24th July (or enrolment) 4: Core RE Project
- Please complete subject work for the subjects that you are sure you want to study in the sixth form. Please remember advice that was given during your interview about what would be the most suitable course for your current GCSE predictions.
- You will need to complete all the work set for your chosen subjects as well as the careers project and Core RE project.
- You will need to collate all your work for your subjects and put it in a folder for each subject. You will need to bring the folder to enrolment to show you have completed the work as well as your first lesson in that subject.
- The careers and Core RE project, this can go in a simple plastic wallet.
- For students who are borderline between entry requirements for a particular subject, we will use the work completed as an indicator to see if we will give you a chance with the subject so completing it and bringing it to enrolment is really important.
- If you have any questions about the work, please either email the subject teacher directly (emails below) or Mrs Wilbraham or Mr Delf.
- If you would like to challenge yourself even further, look at the MOOCs per subject page and complete an online course. MOOCs
Mrs Wilbraham - Associate Headteacher for KS5 & Head of Year
Mr Delf - Assistant Headteacher for Sixth Form
Subject Based Work
Art & Photography
BTEC Health & Social Care
BTEC Performing Arts
Core RE Transition Work