Helping students explore career and education options. Help your child explore their future career and education options at home by encouraging them to use Start - a fantastic online careers learning resource. Start is accessible anytime on computers and compatible mobile and tablet devices, and is designed to enable young people to make excellent choices about their futures.
Start allows young people to:
- Find jobs that match their skills, qualities, interests and work preferences
- Understand what different careers are like, including earning potential and the qualifications required
- Search live local Apprenticeship opportunities matched to their areas of interest
- See which businesses are recruiting in your area to understand local employment demand when making decisions about careers
A Guide to using Start can be found in the link below
Guide to using Start
The newly released government Career Strategy places the Gatsby Benchmarks as the standard for every school and college to work towards.
To be successful, it’s clear that schools and colleges will need to focus on all eight benchmarks and that no one activity or strand of provision will deliver a solution. Less clear, however, is the support and any additional funding that may be available to help schools and colleges put the necessary plans in place, For more information please click link Below.
Start mapped to the Gatsby benchmarks
Our careers platform is Start
Start is a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability. Start includes:
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
Helping our students to have ASPIRATIONS and To Create Their Own Vision Of Success
Impartial careers guidance does not start and finish with a one-off interview in the careers office. It is ongoing and U‑Explore/Start is to facilitate that journey.
If you or your child have not already registered, go to www.startprofile.com and use the code [56695hHF]
For more information on Start or the careers guidance in place at Holy Family Catholic School, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://website.u-explore.com/start/parents/
If you forget your password, please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please DO NOT register an extra account.